Chia seed is an edible seed comes from the desert plant salvia hispanica. Chia seed is native to South America and have been a staple Mayan and Aztec diet for centuries. #Chiaseed is considered as super food due to high amount of fibre, protein, omega 3 fatty acid, antioxidant and calcium. #Highfibre content in Chia seed keeps full for longer period of time. Take 2 teaspoon Chia Seed and soak them in 100 ml water for 5 minutes. Add 10 pieces of Almond and 5 pieces of Cashew nuts. Add 200 ml milk or butter milk as per taste. Replace the dish with dinner. High fibre content - Chia seeds are excellent source of fibre, with a whopping 10 grams fibre in only 2 tablespoons i.e. one-third of the daily recommended intake of fibre. They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel. Chia seeds are easy to digest and are the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids. Chia seeds can be added into the puddings or in the baked goods. #NutroActive Chia seeds are unprocessed whole grains. They contain essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc that helps in healthy lifestyle. 100 grams of chia seeds contains 7.72g of carbohydrates, 16.54g proteins, 30.74g fat and 34.4g dietary fibre. You can also make chia seed smoothie by adding chia seeds into one cup warm water and then add curd or milk along with sliced fruits and nuts.
- CHIA SUPERFOOD :---- Chia seed provides massive amount of nutrients; just 28g chia seed provide 4g protein, 9g fat, 11g fibre, almost zero carb, calcium about 18% of our daily requirement, magnesium about 30% of our daily requirement and several other vitamins and minerals. Chia Seed contains huge amount of antioxidants. It contains 3 times more antioxidant than Blueberries. Chia seed is the richest source of omega 3 fatty acid. This makes chia seed among world's best Superfood.
- LOW CARB FOOD :---- Chia seeds is a low carbohydrate food. Effectively chia seed contains just 8% carbohydrate. Walnuts and chia seeds contains same 8% carbohydrate. Chia seed is a great option for people who want to reduce their carbohydrate intake. 100 grams of chia seeds contain 7.72 grams of net carbs and is an excellent option for those who want to reduce their calories intake.
- HIGH FIBER :---- Chia seed is one of the highest fibres containing food on the earth. Because of its high soluble fibre content, chia seeds can absorb up to 10-12 times their weight in water and forms gel like layer outside the seed. Adding chia seeds in the recipe will boost the nutritional value. Additional benefit of using chia seed is that it contains good amount of fat which lubricate intestine and helps in easy bowl movement.
- HIGH PROTEIN :---- Chia seeds contain a good amount of proteins. 100gms of chia seeds contain 16.54 grams of proteins. They are 14% protein by weight which is very high as compared to normal plants. They also have a good balance of essential amino acids needed by our body. Chia seeds contain high quality protein that helps to reduce appetite and cravings. It adds more protein to our diet and balances our daily protein requirement.
- KEEPS FULL :------ Chia seeds contain lot of fibres and they can absorb large amount of water. It expand & generate a sense of fullness after eating which automatically reduces calorie intake. Chia seed can be used as meal replacement. Take 10g chia seeds, add 100ml water and keep stirring for 10 minutes. Add nuts and yogurt to the soaked chia seeds. Replace any of your meal with the dish.