Basil is regarded as the king of herbs; basil is revered as "Holy Herb" in most of the traditions across the globe. It is worshiped to be sacred symbol in the Hindu religious traditions in India and worldwide. Basil is considered to be a native of India and Iran, it enjoyed great reverence amongst the royals and was regarded as a sacred herb in native India. #Basilseeds are nutritional powder house which contains valuable nutrients like Dietary Fibre, Protein, Vitamin -A, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, Iron and Magnesium. Constipation - Soaked basil seeds help to cleanse the inner stomach. It ensures easy bowel movement and helps to flush out toxins from stomach. In can be taken with milk before going to bed to ease constipation. Weight Loss- #NutroActive Basil Seeds work extremely well for managing weight & help in achieve weight loss goals. These seeds are loaded with fibre which gives sensation of fullness throughout the day and you don't feel much hunger. This indicates you can lose weight in a healthy way. They are great as a garnish for drinks and desserts. Blended in a lemonade or sprinkled over kulfi, Basil seeds are the alternative to #lowcaloriesnacks and can be added into pastas or soups. It is also full of fibre, so keeps your stomach satisfied for longer time. You can add it to a bowl of yoghurt or sprinkle some in a fruit salad as a pre-meal snack to control appetite. They are known to lower your body heat, which is why people often add them to refreshing drinks like nimbu paani, or milkshakes. Sabja seeds helps to strength the immunity of the body and helps maintaining the healthy lifestyle.
- Improves Digestion- Keeping active and eating a healthy balanced diet can also help you to maintain a healthy weight. Healthy diet provides nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body. Sabja seeds helps to clean the stomach and digestive tract. Take one teaspoon of basil seeds soaked in warm water gives relief from constipation.
- Low Carbohydrate - Basil Seeds are one of the best low carbohydrate foods. Basil Seeds is a great option for people who want to reduce their carbohydrate intake. Besides low carb, Basil Seeds are nutritional powerhouse which contains valuable nutrients like dietary fibre, vitamin A, vitamin - B-6, vitamin B-12, vitamin D, Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, Iron and Magnesium. Basil seeds are rich source of fibre, healthy fat, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and several other vitamins and minerals.
- Fibre Rich – As Basil Seeds are rich in fibre, regular intake of basil seeds helps relieve constipation and bloating. Intake of Basil Seeds increases the bulk of stool and work as bulk laxative. It acts as a stomach cleanser and regulate smooth bowel movement. Taking basil seeds helps to control hunger and maintain a healthy weight.
- Weight Management – Regular use of Basil Seeds helps in reducing hunger and thereby reducing weight. Basil seeds keep your stomach full for longer period and prevent unwanted cravings. They may swell to 20 times their original size, physically filling you up and satisfying your appetite, making it much easier to avoid those calorie-heavy snacks. It is a good option for those who follow low carb or keto diet.
- Usage– Soak 1 tsp Basil Seeds in one cup warm water for 15 minutes; they begin to swell in the water forming a translucent white film on the black seed and become twice their original size. Basil seeds can be added to several dishes to enhance appearance and fibre content like lemonade, smoothie, soup, buttermilk, milkshake, baking etc. It is simple to make your own basil seeds drinks at home; simply add 1/2 cup of basil seeds to a fruit smoothie or glass of juice.