Keto Flu: Causes, Symptoms & Cure
Keto flu refers to a set of symptoms that people may experience when they start a keto diet. It generally lasts from a few days to weeks. It generally begins within the first few days after starting a Keto Diet or low carb diet.
What Causes Keto Flu
The keto flu generally happens due to the change in the diet pattern. Switching from a high carb diet to a very low carb diet lowers insulin levels in the body. When your insulin levels drop, the body excretes more sodium & water in the urine. As a result, dehydration and loss of electrolytes and other minerals happen which is the main cause of keto flu.
Symptoms of keto flu
Symptoms of Keto Flu usually begin when the person starts a Keto Diet & it generally lasts from a few days to weeks. It involves the following symptoms-
- Low energy levels
- Muscle cramps
How to get rid of It
- Stay hydrated- Increase your salt and water intake to prevent dehydration during the initial days of Keto diet. Drink 1 liter of lukewarm water with ½ tsp of Himalayan pink salt daily in the morning empty stomach. NutroActive Himalayan pink salt contains 84 different types of minerals that help replenish the mineral intake & other essential electrolytes & also helps in improving the energy levels in the body.
- Avoid heavy workout or strenuous exercise – Try to avoid heavy work out during the initial phase of keto diet. Don’t place your body under stress. Walking or doing yoga or mind-body exercise will help you feel better.
- Increase your fat intake- A well-balanced keto diet includes healthy fat so that you are not hungry after a meal. As while on keto your body uses fat as energy make sure to increase your fat so that your body adapts to using fat for most of its energy needs. Keto Atta is the healthiest source of essential fats that your body requires while on keto diet.
- Increase your fiber intake- Many people on keto diet suffer from constipation or muscle cramps because of low fiber intake. Increase fiber intake in your diet. There are many low carb vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli that contains a good amount of fiber.
- Take Multivitamins- During the initial phase of keto diet, the body excretes minerals like sodium, potassium, magnesium. Replenish your minerals intake in your diet by taking multivitamins to get rid of symptoms of keto flu.
For FREE Keto Diet plan and consultation from certified Nutritionist Call or WhatsApp Us on +91-8448952009.